The 2015 Asia Conference in Manila will be the most impressive HPAIR conference to date. We valued your feedback from our 2014 Asia conference in Tokyo, and in response, we have made some changes to our traditional conference. Once your plane lands in Manila, we guarantee that you’ll have the best time of your lives. Here are just some of the highlights:
For just $80 a night, you can stay at Manila’s best hotel – the five-star Makati Shangri-La Hotel. Featuring amazing views of the Makati district of Metro Manila and offering the best hospitality around, the Shangri-La ensures a memorable and comfortable stay. Rooms are either spacious triples (two roommates and yourself) or even more spacious doubles (one roommate and yourself), and everyone will have his or her personal bed.
- Unlimited breakfast buffet
- Fruit and flower arrangements
- Complementary tea and coffee
- Free and fast wifi access
- Gym access
- Pool access
- Sauna and Jacuzzi access
Since the majority of conference events will be held at the Makati Shangri-La (including transportation options such as airport transfers and departure to auxiliary conference venues*), we highly recommend that you stay here. If you are interested, please complete the housing form that has been sent to you.
Worried about finding roommates? Don’t be! The HPAIR organizing committee will use your housing form to pair you with compatible and suitable roommates. You will be e-mailed after your room has been formed and can regroup if necessary. If you are coming with your friends, you can also indicate that you would like to room with them on the form and we will arrange this for you, but rooming with HPAIR delegates is an amazing way to meet new friends and expand your professional network.
We are offering this rate on a first-come, first-serve basis to those delegates who complete their housing forms and submit their payments. Unfortunately, once all of the rooms have been filled, we can no longer guarantee this rate, and delegates will be asked to arrange their own accommodations. Please keep this in mind when registering for the conference and submit your housing form as soon as possible.
* Please see the transportation tab for more details.
To offer you a comprehensive tasting of the Philippines’ culinary traditions, every meal between the start and end of the conference will be provided for you. Most of these meals will be served in buffet style, so you can eat to your hearts’ content and at your own pace. Most importantly, diverse vegan options will also be served as a clearly marked alternative for those who cannot eat meat-based dishes.
Please mark on your registration form if you have any food allergies or food restrictions. We will also publish our menus via the conference app the night before so alternative arrangements can be made if necessary.
Your registration fee includes the following meals:
- Unlimited cocktail appetizers at the Opening Ceremony
- Daily lunch buffet at the Makati Shangri-La (Days 2, 4, and 5)
- Catered lunch and dinner during University Day (Day 3)
- Corporate-sponsored dinner at Globe Telecom Headquarters (Day 2)
- Filipino-inspired dinner during Manila Night at the Manila Polo Club (Day 4)
- 3-course Gala Dinner at the Makati Shangri-La (Day 5)
We will also be offering unlimited water, coffee, and a variety of snacks during coffee breaks between your panels, seminars, plenaries, and case study workshops. This year, in addition to the dedicated coffee breaks between sessions, these amenities will also be available during sessions if you start to get tired or hungry.
Getting around a new city, especially if you don’t speak the local language can be tough. Walking around in business professional in the middle of summer is no less exciting. So this year, for your maximum convenience, we have made arrangements with a private transportation company to provide air-conditioned bus transport between our different venues. Buses will be provided for the following transfers:
- Airport → Makati Shangri-La (August 20th, between 3am and 3pm )
- Makati Shangri-La ↔ Globe Telecom (August 21st)
- Makati Shangri-La ↔ De La Salle University (August 22nd)
- Makati Shangri-La ↔ Manila Night Venue (August 23rd)
- Makati Shangri-La ↔ Entertainment Night Venue (August 24th)
Regarding airport transfers, please note that we will only be running shuttles between 3am and 3pm. Delegates who arrive outside of this time interval will need to make their own arrangements. We recommend our sponsor, GrabTaxi.
We are also pleased to announce that we have arranged an airline sponsorship and we be able to offer delegates discounted flights on certain airlines. We will send out information about the discounted rates once the process has been formalized.
*Please note that all transfers will start and end at the Makati Shangri-La. Delegates who have accommodations at other hotels will have to transfer to and from the Makati Shangri-La to fully utilize transportation resources.
Work hard, play hard! As college students and young adults, we know that you enjoy having a good time. Each night after the professional conference activities have concluded, we will offer a range of activities:
- Day 1: Opening Ceremony Reception – After opening ceremony, enjoy a buffet of unlimited cocktail appetizers while meeting fellow delegates.
- Day 2: Globe Telecom Company Dinner – For the first time ever, we will have a corporate-sponsored dinner. Enjoy a nice reception, dinner and tour of company facilities at our Executive Sponsor, Globe Telecom.
- Day 3: International Night – An HPAIR classic, International Night is an opportunity for delegates from all over the world to showcase their unique talents. Delegates who wish to perform should send in an audition tape before the conference. Before the show, each represented country has an opportunity to set up a booth to showcase unique aspects (food, clothing, music, etc.) of their home countries.
- Day 4: Manila Night – A new addition to our HPAIR lineup, Manila night will feature cultural acts, ranging from student groups to professional shows, to celebrate the local Filipino culture and diversity. Dinner and transportation are provided to this event.
- Day 5: Entertainment Night – For all delegates aged 18+ we will reserve one of Manila’s best night clubs from 10pm until the early hours of the morning so that you can party with your new best friends! Transportation to and from the club will be provided for you.
A fun fact: twenty-one years ago, the third annual Asia Conference was held in Manila at the Makati Shangri-La Hotel. Following major reservations in 2013, the award-winning, five-star rated Makati Shangri-La Hotel is still Manila’s best hotel. Other world-renowned conferences, including the World Economic Forum in 2014, have selected the Makati Shangri-La to host their conferences. We are excited to announce that we have selected this hotel to be the main venue of this year’s conference, renting out all of the available conference facilities as well as securing a special room rate for all of our delegates.
Conference sessions will be held in the Grand Rizal ballroom, the recently renovated Isabella ballroom, and the Parañaque, Manila, and Makati rooms. Unlike past years, rooms are just a short walk from each other – no maps necessary! Of course, free and fast wifi at the Makati Shangri-La and auxiliary conference venues will be provided to all delegates.
At the 2015 HPAIR Harvard Conference, we launched the first edition of the HPAIR Conference app for iPhone and Android. We are glad to present the second edition of the HPAIR Conference app for the 2015 HPAIR Asia Conference. Use our app to browse the conference schedule, view maps of the venues and the city, store contact information from our delegates, and receive up-to-the-minute announcements from the organizing committee. A download link will be made available in August.
We highly recommend that you arrive in Manila in a few days early so that you have the opportunity to enjoy the culture and landscape of the Philippines. For discounted tour options and the chance to spend time with your fellow delegates before the start of the conference, we offer the following pre-conference tours:
- Please come back for updates!