Dates: August 20-24, 2015
Location: Manila, Philippines
Partner University: De La Salle University
This year’s HPAIR Asia Conference will be hosted in Manila for the first time in 21 years, and it could never have been more perfect and timely. The Philippines is host to numerous regional headquarters, such as the Asian Development Bank, the Southeast Asian Headquarters of the World Health Organization, and geographically, it serves as a gateway between West and East in the Pacific. Last year, the Philippines hosted the World Economic Forum on East Asia, which placed the country in the international limelight and importantly, this year, it is playing host to the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation Leaders and Ministerial Meetings and Summits. Manila exudes energy, dynamic growth, and vibrant culture, and for those reasons, HPAIR will return to Manila with the goal of creating a conference whose impact and influence will be felt for many years to come.
This five-day conference will highlight the most important aspects of the Philippines and leave our mark on key regional and international issues. In the past several decades, Asia’s leaders have made tremendous strides toward improving economies, advancing technology, and providing new opportunities to the masses. Overnight, Asia has become the world’s most influential economic power, but as hundreds of millions flock from rural farmlands to the world’s newest and most prominent cities, development is stifled by unsustainable practices, corrupt government, and a disconnect between ideas and their implementation. This year’s Asia Conference theme, Confronting Asia’s Development Challenges through Innovation, serves as a call to action to the 500 students and young professionals who will attend the conference and who will return home to make a profound difference in their own communities. Most importantly, friendships and relationships that defy geopolitical boundaries will be created. These kinds of human connections remind us our differences are smaller than we often believe, and that by working together, we can develop diverse ideas into innovative strategies for a shared future.
- HPAIRxManila – an opportunity for delegates to share their big ideas on a global stage
- Skills Workshops
- 7 Panels: Entrepreneurship, Corporate Leadership, Security and Diplomacy, Human Rights, Health and Social Policy, Energy and Sustainability, Finance and the World Economy
- Rigorous Case Study Competition
- Opening/Closing Ceremonies
- Cultural Performances
- International Night
- Manila Night
- All-Delegate Dinners
- Entertainment Night
- Field Trips
- …and much, much more!
- March 31, 2015 – Early application deadline
- April 30, 2015 – Regular application deadline
- May 31, 2015 – Final application deadline
- May 15, 2015 – Early registration closes
- June 10, 2015 – Regular registration closes
- July 10, 2015 – Final registration closes